Climbing Camps for Adults
Our camps bring like-minded climbers together for this inclusive, fun climbing getaway.
A Climbing Trip Made Easy
Our adult rock camps are for the gym climber, or weekend warrior that wants to escape to full days of climbing and camping, but work realities and busy lives make it difficult. Our AMGA Certified Guides and Instructors are ready to share the best of Smith Rock and help you with skills to develop any personal climbing goals and maximize your climbing over three days.
Day 2 and 3 Each morning starts early so we can pack in a full day of climbing. Explore different areas of the park, from our classic sport climbs, basalt cracks in the Gorge, to the welded tuff knobs and pockets on the Westside. We give individual attention to personal climbing goals. On the third night we head to a local restaurant for dinner.
Day 4 We have a relaxed breakfast and say our goodbyes. Some campers hire a private guide for the day to continue to work on personal climbing goals, while some campers climb or hike on their own for the day. Though the camp ends after breakfast we return campers to the airport at anytime of day.
- Seasoned Smith Rock guides, psyched to share their experience. Skills and knowledge of Smith Rock.
- Camping gear included (Tent, camp kitchen, canopy, etc) except sleeping bag/pad.
- Delicious meals (breakfast,lunch dinners) along with our legendary local libations.
- Airport pick-up and drop offs from (RDM) Redmond OR.
- All climbing gear; though most people choose to bring their own climbing shoes, harness, helmet and belay device
What is not included:
- sleeping bag/pad, clothing, personals.
- All meals will be provided except: our last night dinner entree at The Terrebonne Depot.
“The guides are excellent and have lived and climbed at Smith Rock for over a decade each. They were also excellent teachers and provided great instruction and encouragement to push the climbers.”
“Jim and Gabe are extremely skilled climbers and guides, you won’t find better guides around. They are fantastic cooks and their stoke for being out climbing made for a great atmosphere.”
Best Trip of our Life
“Thank you both for all that you did to make our time in Oregon so wonderful. Hoping we will make it back to Bend sometime in the near future. If we do, a guided climb with Chockstone will be a must!”