Climb the Classics
There are hundreds of one of a kind, single pitch classics and memorable multi pitch routes at Smith Rock
Tour Classic Single Pitch Smith Rock Sport and Trad Climbs
Classic Smith Rock Multi Pitch Options
- West Face Variation of the Monkey Face .8 / A0
- Super Slab .6
- Zebra to Zion .10a
- Dirty Pinkos 5.9
- Spiderman .7
- Thin Air .10a
- Sky Ridge .8
- Lost in Space .10b/c
- Voyage of the Cow Dog .9
- White Satin .9
- Marsupials Traverse 10b or .8
- Moscow .6
- First Kiss .8
The Monkey Face holds these popular historic, classic moderate and accessible climbs:
- Pioneer Route 5.7/ A0
- West Face Variation 5.8/A0
- Monkey Space 5.11
All Monkey Face routes descend from a memorable, overhanging rappel not to be missed.
Wherever I May Roam
- Marsupials Traverse 5.7 or 5.10
- Round River 5.5 or 5.8
- Birds in a Rut 5.8
Ready to Go Climbing?
2 people $160 per person
3 people $130 per person
4 people $100 per person
5 people $85 per person
6+ people $80 per person
2 people $140 per person
3 people $100 per person
4 people $80 per person
5 people $75 per person
6+ people $70 per person
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
Meet up location
What to bring
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- a backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
What to wear
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.