Group Climbing Tours
Share a fun memorable rock climbing day that incorporates your groups goals
- We can design one to three day outings or a progression of outings/activities over time.
- Seasoned Smith Rock guides and instructors experienced in working with all ages and a broad base of programing goals, experiential learning and therapeutic models.
- Customize itineraries to suit your needs and goals, maintain a safe, supportive environment for learning.
- We maintain a low client to guide ratio to ensure attention and quality; 5 climbers / 1 guide
There are some experiences and lessons that just can’t be gained in the classroom or workplace. Rock climbing can be a great teaching tool for personal growth, as well as a fun activity to foster positive self-confidence, trust, teamwork, expanding comfort zones, practice challenge by choice and general physical health.
Scouts BSA and GSA Troops
Professional Development and Team Building
Ready to Go Climbing?
1 person $320 a day
2 people $185 per person
3 people $130 per person
4 people $100 per person
5+ people $90 per person
1 person $280 a day
2 people $160 per person
3 people $100 per person
4 people $90 per person
5+ people $80 per person
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
Meet up location
What to bring
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- a backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
What to wear
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.
Smith Rock State Park Entrance Fee
“Jim and Sean were excellent, friendly, safe and knowledgeable guides who accommodated our group that varied in age from 8-51. Highly recommend them!”
“We booked a trip for 12 of various beginner levels and had an awesome day. They also offer advice on how to get up the rock and cheer us on when we needed it.”