Custom Rock Climbing Day Trips
Personalized for Your Climbing Goals
Our private guided day trips are customized to meet your needs and goals
Let us help you achieve your climbing goals and take it to the next level. Whether it’s to just have fun, learn and develop new technical skills, get in a lot of climbing, trying new, harder routes or share a family adventure, our AMGA certified guides can provide an agenda that is suited to your climbing ability, goals and personal needs. Experience the best of Smith Rock State Park’s thousands of single or multi-pitch sport routes, classic cracks in the Lower Gorge to the iconic Monkey Face.
Maximize your climbing adventure
As locals our guides know which climbs are best suited to your abilities and climbing goals
Our Smith Rock climbing guides are familiar with the park to chase the shade on summer days and stay in the sun in colder temps.
Our certified guides will share the best climbing practices recognized in the climbing guide industry.
Choose Your Own Climbing Adventure
Day trip Suggestions
We serve climbers of all abilities and a full range of climbing goals. Below are some suggestions. Don’t hesitate to call us if you have questions. We would be happy to discuss the possibilities of your rock climbing adventure at Smith Rock State Park
Climb the Classic
Intro to Climbing
Ready to Go Climbing?
1 person $320 a day
2 people $185 per person
3 people $130 per person
4 people $100 per person
5+people $90 per person
1 person $280 a day
2 people $160 per person
3 people $100 per person
4 people $90 per person
5+ people $85 per person
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
Meet up location
What to bring
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- a backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
What to wear
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.
Smith Rock State Park Entrance Fee
“I recommend Chockstone Climbing without hesitation for all levels. I have used Chockstone Climbing for all three, and the experience has always been consistently great!”