Go beyond the single pitch and take it higher!
There are many spectacular beginner to advanced level sport and trad multi-pitch climbing opportunities at Smith Rock to choose from.
-Multi-Pitch guided trips are Full Day and limited to 2 climbers and 1 guide-
Personalized multi pitch climbing tours tailored to your personal goals.
Due to the nature to multi-pitch climbing we maintain the standard maximum of two climbers to one guide for multi pitch climbing. As well as wanting to help you maximize your climbing day, limiting a climbing party to no more than three is what is considered best practice for efficiency, safety standards and climber etiquette.
Multi-pitch rock climbing
Ready to Go Climbing?
Multi-Pitch guided climbs are Full Day and limited to 2 climbers to 1 guide
1 person $350 a day
2 people $200 per person
2 people $200 per person
3 people $145 per person
4 people $115 per person
5+ people $90 per person
The full day does not have set hours. The day is yours. Most people climb 6 to 8 hours. The full day allows for more time to climb and move to different parts of Smith Rock State Park. Some climbing goals will require a full day.
2 people $180 per person
3 people $130 per person
4 people $100 per person
5+ people $85 per person
The half-day is designed for those with a limited time commitment, families and younger children. Half days run 4 hrs and we climb at one of the more easily accessible areas in the park to best maximize time on the rock. The curriculum may include basic knots, belaying, movement technique and lots of time on the rock!
All necessary climbing gear is included. We will provide climbing shoes, harness and helmet at no additional charge. Let us know your gear needs upon reservation. You are welcome to bring your personal climbing gear if you prefer.
We welcome all experience levels. No previous climbing experience or special training is required to enjoy a fun, rock climbing experience. Rock climbing is more balance, footwork, leg strength and less emphasis on upper body strength. If it is your first time rock climbing, you need only a general level of fitness similar for any outdoor activity:
- Comfortable, confident hiking on trails and uneven terrain
- Comfortable in high desert climate outside for 4-8 hrs
- We will choose appropriate climbs to suit your needs and ability.
Meet up location
What to bring
- Bring water (2 liters minimum each person for hot summer days). Water bottles can be filled at the parking area of Smith Rock State Park.
- A hearty sack lunch and packable snacks.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and perhaps a sun hat.
- a backpack; large enough to include, water, lunch, snacks, as well as personal climbing gear (shoes, harness, helmet). If you do not have a suitable backpack, we can provide one. Let your guide know ahead of time.
- extra clothing in case of colder weather. (see below for details).
What to wear
- Dress for the season and forecasted weather. Wear clothing appropriate for being active outdoors.
- Shorts, tights, loose fitting pants, or sweatpants are appropriate.
Top: T-shirt, sport top. Extra long sleeve layers even in the summer, the shade in the mornings can be cool.
- Rugged outdoor footwear is recommended such as hiking shoes or tennis shoes. Open toed shoes and sandals are not advised.
Smith Rock State Park Entrance Fee
More Frequently Asked Questions